Kenneth Rohde Christiansen

The life and feelings of an individual not like the most.

Monday, April 25, 2005

First day at work

So today was my first day at work and I was kind of nervous... not really, but I had no idea how the people would be or welcome me. Finding the place was my first problem as it wasn't situated in the University building as I thought. It turned out that it is the building right next to where Lívia studies German! Cool! Next week I will ask if I can get my lunch break (at least some of the days) around 12:20 so that I can meet up with her :) Would be nice!

The people turned out to be very nice and friendly! Really, a lot more than I expected. A guy called Wolfgang is helping me along my way and my first day mostly consisted of configuring my new computer, installing the required software packages. I also had to learn to use Eclipse and set it up to check out the *many* required CVS modules and make them build.

The day was really relaxed. About an hour after I arrived we went to drink coffee and eat cake together as it was the boss' birthday! Around noon we walked to the Mensa, which is the university cantine. Mensa is a really nice place and you get really good food there for a very affordable price (around 2 euros for a nice meal ~ dinner). Unfortunately, I am out of money and cannot join the rest of the week. While walking there I talked a bit more to Wolfgang and told about my Brazilian girlfriend. It turned out that he had just arrived from a vacation in Rio de Jeneiro where his girlfriend had been doing an internship =)

Puh, I signed so many papers today :S You have no idea how many things you have to sign just to do an internship! Well, some are also due to the fact that I am working for a company owned by the state (university). Then you are in fact working for the state and you need to sign various papers for the sake of national security :)

I called Liu when I got home and she was very excited to hear about my day :) Her guest family didn't arrive which meant that she couldn't go to be so early as usual :( Anyway, she would take the next bus so I started to prepare dinner... unfortunately, the parents still didn't arrive and she came even later :S Anyway, the dinner sucked :P I dropped a big amount of peper in it and :S it was almost uneatable :S so much for trying ones best :P


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home