Kenneth Rohde Christiansen

The life and feelings of an individual not like the most.



Monday, October 31, 2005

Chaos Theory

Yes, I turned in my TSR report and I also finished the first report in modeling and Simulation! I spend the last week looking into the Chirikov map - aka Standard map - and it's properties (thus chaos theory). It was quite interesting I must say. Really nice working with a bit of Math again.

Today I played with the winding numbers to see if I could characterize when a given K, X0 and P0 would result in periodic, quasi-periodic or chaotic behavior. Indeed ,this seems possible!

It was quite nice as I recognized many theorems from the generally hated course Complex Function Theory that I did in Copenhagen. A course that I ended up liking a lot =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home